03 July 2011

The Second Day

If I ever said that packing is the hardest time of the year, then I was wrong. This is the hardest time of the year.

Not particularly the 2nd day of being back in Jakarta, but when I unpacked my stuff from the suitcases and realized that this is not just a camping trip, or senior trip, or whatever trip. This is it. I'm not going to go back to Arlington. At least not in the near future. And then I started to hold my tears everytime I see my family picture which is framed nicely and put in the living room.

When I was thinking to drink tap water and realized that I might have a diarrhea if I do that here.

When I took wrong steps in the stairs.

When I tried to reach for a sea belt in a cab, but there was no seat belts.

When I have to stay up all night, with nothing to do and no one to talk to, because of jetlag.

When I read texts from my mom over and over and over again.

I guess I am not ready to move on. At least not on the 2nd day of being back.

No comments: