01 May 2011

Post Spring Break Post

I apologize because of my absence in the last couple of weeks.  I wrote some stuff during Spring Break, have not had any chance to post it though.

What keeps me busy in the last 6 days : Crooked.

Yup. It's tech week and I did not later than 8 in the morning and did not come home before 9 pm (although it's nothing to compared to my daily activities in Jakarta). And missed frisbee practices, even a tournament this weekend (Althoug AP Exams also being my consideration in this particular case).


I will start a list :

- AP Exams
I ended up registered for 3 AP Exams : Calculus AB, U.S. History, and U.S. Government and Politics, although none of them I'm really gonna study for, except Calculus. We registered during E block on Thursday in the cafeteria. Test dates : May 4th, 6th, and 10th. Please wish me luck.

- Senior Project
After trying to apply to VOA and Arlington Public Library and rejected by both (sadness) I ended up doing Senior Project at Mt.Daniel Elementary School with Coach Garrison. Good deal because I know him well and I like him and I hope the schedule could be more flexible to accommodate my studying schedule for the SAT and TOEFL. Again, please wish me luck.

- Frisbee
I missed all 3 JV practices this week. Instead, I attended 1 Newbie boys practice. Yes, I know I'm so fucked up. Also, I'm not going to the tournament this weekend because of Crooked and AP Exams next week. Poor me. #1 Wish : Dave does not change his mind putting me in JV.

- Friday
I went to GWU to attend a seminar : 2011 hours against hate, which was kinda lame but had a silver lining. We (Muhammed, Ma Prang, Jody, and I) met a reporter and they ended up interviewing us and we are really going to be on TV. How cool is that.
However, this interview thing ruined my schedule to come to frisbee practice. So I did not come to practice and went home instead. I prayed, grabbed snacks, and lying down for a total of 40 minutes, and the went to school to start the show.
The show went up at 7:30 and ended at about 9:15. Eventhough very small number of people came tonight (about 15 people), they are better audience then yesterday's. We were still very excited and happy!
After the play, we went to Silver Diner. I was with the Culbersons onthe way to the diner. We talked a lot and  I think it was pretty cool. Hahaha.
I arrived home from Silver Diner at about 11 pm.

- Crooked
As I said, it's tech week and the show went up on thursday, friday, and saturday night. We went to Silver Diner after Friday's show and went to Lily's after the final show for Cast and Crew party. It was so much fun. Crooked is definitely one of the highlights of my year in the United States.
What's sad : My mom and Dad did not have a chance to come and see the play :(

- Conflicts
I kept roaring on twitter that life is not fair. At all. That's because I have a lot of opportunities to do interesting stuff BUT a lot of them are happening at the same FREAKING time.

Benagridazir (a school play in which I'm going to be "Queen Haggie") : May 19, 20, 21
Easterns (this year's Ultimate Frisbee biggest tournament) : May 21, 22
Volunteering Oportunity in Arlington Food Festival : May 22

Thats one of them.


Gah. I'm so tired. Write to you later.

No comments: